Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Windy Mills

Tonight I went to Drag Queen Bingo at a nifty bar on Zeedijk Straat. Her name was Windy Mills, which naturally made me chuckle. Her drag queen traits were that she was racist, dyslexic, and drunk (not sure if the last one was actually a drag queen trait or a regular trait). One of the prizes was a toaster, which I REALLY wanted because we don't have toasters or ovens at our housing but I love toast so much. Preferably with peanut butter or nutella on top. It's just not the same on room temperature bread. Alas, I was three numbers away from winning. I almost cried when they gave it away to someone else.

After failing at Bingo, my friends and I were snackish, so we located a place to munch in the red light district. I smiled at a sex worker as we passed by, and she winked at me. I blushed. I had Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, which reminded me of home and made me happy in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment