Sunday, February 7, 2010

Van Go-Go Dancers

In case your hopes were up, this post has nothing to do with Go-Go dancers, but I thought it would get your attention.

Today I went to the Van Gogh museum. Our program gave us museum cards, so we can go to a bunch of museums for free and skip the lines. This was especially useful today because everyone and their uncle was there. In the gift shop they had umbrellas with Van Gogh paintings on them, and I'm pretty sure they had sheets with sunflowers on them, and postcard easels for Van Gogh postcards...it was all too much for me.

His paintings were (obviously) way more vibrant in real life. And the paint was really thick and shiny. It kind of looked like frosting, which made me want to lick it, but I feel that that would have been innapropriate. I was slightly disappointed that "Starry Night" wasn't there. Wouldn't you know that the US (MoMa) snatched that sucker right up...

After the museum I ate a tiny portion of tiny pancakes at a Dutch pancake house. They serve them with butter and powdered sugar. After the waitress took the plate away there was a circle of powdered sugar where it used to be. This attests to my enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment