Thursday, February 25, 2010

Libacious Library

I didn't know what libacious meant until just now, but after checking Urbandictionary.com it means "delicious, energetic and fun" which actually fits quite nicely. How fortuitous.

I love the public library here. Love. It. It is located near Centraal Station on the water across from the floating Chinese restaurant. When you walk in, it looks like a mac store:
The children's section is amazing.













It also has a cafe at the top, a theatre, a museum-type section, a pizza place, an awesome DVD collection, and most importantly edgy furniture...I'm getting excited just thinking about it...

3 comments:

  1. i still haven't been, we should definitely go, is it open on sundays? i wish that we could take out movies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love the library. Have you been to the silent reading area on the fifth floor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take me to the library when I come to Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete