Thursday, February 4, 2010

IAmsterdam


I have been in Amsterdam for a week, and I'm still figuring out how to get around. I live right down the street from a Windmill (score) that also functions as a brewery/bar (double-score). These are the things I have learned so far:

1. When you hear a bike bell dinging pleasantly, it's not because the biker is saying hello. Move out of the way or you will be squished into a human stroopwafel. But then again, if you manage to avoid the bike you will probably be squashed by a tram anyway.

2. Things in Europe are expensive. You have to pay for grocery bags (which is good for the environment, so I guess I approve) and to use public bathrooms (DISAPPROVE).

3. Dutch people are very tall.

Those are the only three that come to mind right now, but I'm sure there will be more.

1 comment: